Train the Trainer (TTT) provides an opportunity for participants to build confidence and capacity in designing and delivering dynamic, interactive and effective training sessions. The course materials aims to develop new skills, enhance existing ones and introduce interactive techniques that enables participants to expand the educational opportunities they offer to their clients and/or employees.
Train the Trainer is delivered in an online format and incorporates various methods of instruction and multiple touch points of engagement for learners with the content, the instructor, and learning peers. Weekly synchronous sessions compliment asynchronous content to support learners who are balancing work and family obligations.
Train the Trainer will be delivered in a blended online format in which the participants will work asynchronously through content each week and attend a mandatory 2-hour session each week where learners will engage with the instructor and their peers. Participants will be expected to follow a weekly schedule and their progress will be monitored through various methods of evaluation. This program will be delivered over four (4) weeks following a schedule of Sunday to Saturday using multiple delivery methods such as short lectures, participant interaction, small group work and reflection.
What You Will Learn
By the end of this 4-week course, participants will be able to:
- Describe the principles of adult learning
- Employ specific techniques to build rapport with participants
- Recognize different learning styles
- Explain the five stages of the program design model: needs assessment, outcome setting, session planning, delivery and evaluation
- Appreciate the importance of asking good questions
- Apply a systematic approach to designing a training session
- Demonstrate effective delivery skills
- Identify ways to approach difficult situations
- Identify ways to leverage online tools and technologies
For more Adult Education workshops click here.
Recommended ForTrain the Trainer is designed for trainers, consultants, adult educators, and contract workers who want an opportunity to build confidence and skills in designing and leading dynamic, interactive training sessions.
"Excellent course; clear, educational, helpful, and interesting. Instructors are right on point and very knowledgeable. All participants in my course, including myself, enjoyed it greatly and I have already recommended it to others!"
Ruth Moxley (2012)
Security and Emergency Preparedness,