The Certificate in Reliability, Maintainability, and Safety Engineering consists of four courses covering different areas of Reliability, Availability, Maintainability, and Safety (RAMS) from basic knowledge to application. It includes reliability theory and mathematics, reliability methods and applications, maintainability and maintenance, safety and risk assessment.
What Will You Learn?
- The basics of reliability, availability, maintainability, and safety engineering
- The reliability of non-repairable and repairable systems along with the time between failures, reliability testing, and data analysis
- An overview of the reliability block diagram, analysis of series and parallel systems, fault tree analysis, event tree analysis, and failure mode effect and analysis (FMEA)
- Maintainability and maintenance, availability and downtime, and safety systems and safety functions
Who Should Take This Certificate?
- Engineers who would like to learn about reliability, availability, maintainability and, safety engineering in a condensed time frame and from a practical point of view
- Those who would like to communicate effectively within an engineering team environment
- Those who would like to gain sufficient knowledge to move into the field of reliability engineering application
- Technical, supervisory, and management personnel
- **Working knowledge of statistics and probability is highly recommended
How Will You Benefit?
The Certificate in Reliability, Maintainability, and Safety Engineering can help you:
- understand probability theory, statistics, reliability modeling, and hazard and failure rates.
- how to analyze data for reliability, maintainability, and safety engineering.
- learn how to utilize the reliability block diagram.
- understand FMEA and how it works.
- identify hazards and manage risks as it pertains to reliability, maintainability, and safety engineering.
Fees & Schedule
The fee for each course is $1195.00 or register and pay $4400 for the entire Certificate in advance and save $380. Please note that textbooks are not included.
This online certificate consists of three courses. Live online sessions are every Wednesday, 8:00 - 9:00 p.m. Atlantic Standard Time (AST).
- Course I: Reliability Engineering Basics
- Course II: System Reliability
- Course III: Reliability Methods and Applications
- Course IV: Reliability, Maintainability, and Safety Implementation
The certificate can also be taken asynchronously. Students start on a date of their choosing and progress through each course at their own pace. There are no live sessions with the instructor; however, students will have access to pre-recorded sessions. The instructor will also be available for consultation via email.
Note: Your registration is not guaranteed until your seat is confirmed and you have been contacted by our Registration Office. As well, fees are based on the current academic year and are subject to change. No deferral of the non-refundable deposit or program fees is allowed. Text and materials related to courses may constitute an additional cost.
It is highly recommended that participants complete the four courses in sequential order. The certificate is awarded after the completion of all four courses, including all quizzes, assignments, and exams. This represents approximately 189 hours of training including online sessions, home study, assignments, and exam preparation. The participants must attain a minimum of 65% for each module and an aggregate average of at least 75% in the program.
For assistance or more information, please contact email@example.com.