The Certificate in Electrical Essentials for Control Practitioners assists students in the field of Electrical and Process Instrumentation and Control (PIC) engineering through theoretical and practical knowledge in electrical engineering (EE). Students will develop EE skills through academic and practical approaches to the control of both electrical equipment and industrial PIC in manufacturing, process control, servicing, and utility industries.
What Will You Learn?
- The basics of electrical engineering
- Electrical and electronic equipment
- Electrical and control power systems
- Electrical and control circuits
Who Should Take This Certificate?
- Those who are interested in the installation, calibration, maintenance, and repair of instruments, including analog and digital control systems
- Those who would like to learn how to troubleshoot equipment and instrumentation
- Those who are interested in learning the codes and standards needed for electrical and PIC systems along with safety features such as equipment grounding
How Will You Benefit?
The Certificate in Electrical Essentials for Control Practitioners can help you:
- evaluate, design, and specify electrical systems (power, control, and protection).
- design and specify power supply requirements and generation.
- design, test, and commission industrial control power systems.
- analyze, configure, and assist in the electrical design of industrial control power systems.
- maintain and troubleshoot electrical and control equipment.
- apply knowledge of electrical safety codes, standards, and practices.
Fees & Schedule
The fee for each course is $1195 or register and pay $3295 for the entire certificate in advance and save $290. Please note that textbooks are not included.
This online certificate consists of three courses. Live online sessions are every Tuesday, 8:00 - 9:00 p.m. Atlantic Standard Time (AST).
- Course I: Electrical Principles and Theories
- Course II: Electrical and Electronic Equipment
- Course III: Electrical Systems and Implementation
The certificate can also be taken asynchronously. Students start on a date of their choosing and progress through each course at their own pace. There are no live sessions with the instructor; however, students will have access to pre-recorded sessions. The instructor will also be available for consultation via email.
Note: Your registration is not guaranteed until your seat is confirmed and you have been contacted by our Registration Office. As well, fees are based on the current academic year and are subject to change. No deferral of the non-refundable deposit or program fees is allowed. Text and materials related to courses may constitute an additional cost.
It is highly recommended that participants complete the three courses in sequential order. The certificate is awarded after the completion of all three courses, including all quizzes, assignments, and exams. This represents approximately 133 hours of training including online sessions, home study, assignments, and exam preparation. The participants must attain a minimum of 65% for each module and an aggregate average of at least 75% in the program.
For assistance or more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.