The Executive Certificate in Leadership consists of six fully online, part-time courses that are designed to build personal leadership skills, strategies and capacity; the ability to develop dynamic, productive and collaborative management teams; and the knowledge to create a culture of innovation and creative problem-solving in your organization. Program includes 3 one-hour executive coaching sessions, 2 personal leadership assessments, and an Action Leadership Project with guidance from a Faculty of Management mentor.
Contact Us: Email ExecEd@dal.ca for additional information.
Some courses can be taken individually. Successful completion of all six courses is required in order to be awarded the Certificate.
What You Will Learn
Upon successful completion of the program graduates will be able to:
- Understand and demonstrate leadership behaviors, attitudes, skills and competencies (BASC)
- Create, define and manage your own personal leadership style
- Lead responsibly and demonstrate values-based leadership
- Effectively engage and lead teams within, across, and external to the organization
- Understand what a culture of innovation and creative problem solving is and how to create and lead it within your company
- Demonstrate complexity and systems thinking through strategic analysis, problem identification and problem-solving capacity
- Partner with others to increase organizational and leadership capacity overall
Each course in the program is two (2) weeks in length. Participants can expect to spend approximately three (3) to four (4) hours per week on their studies. To enrol in the certificate program, all six (6) of the below required courses need to be added to your shopping cart. Each course contains supplementary materials for participants who have an interest in deeper exploration of weekly topics.
- Introduction to Leadership
- Self-Management, Self-Awareness, and Self Leadership
- Teams and Relationship Management
- Collaboration, Complexity, and Innovation
- Decision Making and Creative Problem Solving
- Harnessing Innovation
Language Requirement: University-level English language proficiency required in writing, speaking, and reading comprehension.
The program is delivered through the flexibility and convenience of Dalhousie's enriched and engaging online learning platform (BrightSpace). Courses include weekly group activities, live streaming lectures and project work. Course delivery is designed to provide maximum benefit and flexibility through online study.
Course Materials: all course materials are made available through the BrightSpace learning platform and are included in the course fees.
All six (6) courses must be successfully completed in order to receive the Executive Certificate in Leadership.
Timetable Fall 2020
- September 21 – October 3: Introduction to Leadership and Innovation
- October 5 - 17: Self-Awareness and Self-Management
- October 19 - 31: Teams and Relationship Management
- November 2 - 14: Collaboration, Complexity, and Innovation
- November 16 - 28: Decision Making & Creative Problem Solving
- November 30 – December 12: Harnessing Innovation
- Dr. Heidi Weigand, Dalhousie Faculty of Management
- Dr. Kent Williams, Dalhousie Faculty of Management
- Dr. Ramon Baltazar, Dalhousie Faculty of Management
- Dr. Joyline Makani, Dalhousie Faculty of Management
- Dr. David Roach, Dalhousie Faculty of Management
Program Tuition fee is $4,248.00 (which includes $450.00 deposit/materials fee).
On request, we can invoice you in three separate equal payments as per the below schedule. Contact the Program Coordinator at 902-494-2531 or ExecEd@dal.ca for details.
- Deposit: $450.00 upon registration
- Payment One: $1,266.00 due September 7, 2020
- Payment Two: $1,266.00 due October 12, 2020
- Payment Three: $1,266.00 due November 9, 2020
20 business days prior to the program start date
You pay $0.00 (100% return)
Within 20 business days of the program start date
You pay $1,062.00 (75% return)
On or after the program start date
You pay $4,248.00 (0% return)