The Certificate in Project Management is ideal for those who are relatively new to the world of project management as well as for those with project management experience who wish to consolidate and advance their skills and knowledge. It appeals to a wide audience from a broad mix of industries. A variety of instructional techniques are used to deliver this program including facilitated group exercises, discussions, and experiential exercises interspersed with instructor presentation of theory and best practices.
Course facilitators encourage discussions among participants about their project management challenges and successes. This program excels at tying theory and practice using relatable case studies and scenarios and by providing opportunities to practise new skills in a realistic team environment. Project management is a highly interactive discipline that involves working with people and is therefore best learned in a dynamic classroom or live virtual environment.
This program is delivered by Procept Associates, a Project Management Institute, (PMI®) Authorized Training Provider.
What Will You Learn?
- Best practices in project management
- How to prepare project documents, project plans, and how to initiate, plan, execute, and monitor and control projects
- How to manage a project from beginning to end
- The knowledge areas, process groups and processes as defined in the publications of The Project Management Institute (PMI ®)
Who Should Take This Certificate?
- Those who are new to projects, or experienced project managers who require a better understanding of their role or desire formal recognition
- Individuals who want to enhance their resume and marketability in the project management job market
- Anyone who works in a project management environment, in any industry or discipline, and wants to increase their PM knowledge, including project managers, project coordinators, team members, technical personnel, subject matter experts, managers, and key support staff
- Candidates who want to develop further knowledge in order to prepare for the Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM®) or Project Management Professional (PMP®) certification
How Will You Benefit?
- Increase PM “lessons learned” by learning from the experiences of others
- Be able to contribute to your organization by becoming more efficient in your role(s) on projects as well as being able to improve your organization’s PM processes
- Increase your level of success on projects
- Have new skills that are valuable in today’s environment
- Jumpstart your preparation for the PMP® or CAPM® designation (should you choose)
Note: Those with significant project management experience can apply for an exemption from Project Management Essentials. In some cases, permission will be given to substitute an additional elective for Project Management Essentials.