This course may be applied to the Certificate in Public Policy and Management, a five-course fully online program.
The purpose of this course is to understand the policymaking process and the role of financial accounting and accountability within the context of the policy process.
Core objectives of this course include:
- Develop an understanding of the policy process, the interplay between policy and operations, and the evolving policy context
- Develop an understanding of policy formulation, including instruments and rationales for their selection;
- Gain an understanding of management of vertical, horizontal and networked relationships in policy design;
- Develop an understanding of fiscal management, including accounting, accountability for public funds and the linkages between planning, programming, budgeting and accountability.
For more Public Policy and Management courses and information on the Certificate in Public Policy and Management program, click here.
Payment Options – Individual Course Registrations:
- Payment in full of $695 (which includes deposit/materials fee)
- Payment is due at time of registration, unless 3rd Party funded
- All course materials are included in your tuition and are housed on the Brightspace Learning Management System. You will receive a follow-up email with details on accessing the Brightspace platform.
Participants in this course are eligible for a T2202 tax receipt. In order to receive a tax receipt, you must put your Social Insurance Number into the profile section of your student account. If you do not add your Social Insurance Number, you will not receive a tax receipt. T2202 tax receipts will be available for you to download from your account at the end of February of the following calendar year.
For further information on Registration, Withdrawal and Course cancellations, Transfers and Refunds please refer to Dalhousie Executive Education Policies and Procedures.
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Certificate in Public Policy and Management : Required Courses