This course provides a roadmap for planning, developing, and implementing a microcredential program regardless of educational environment. It will cover the processes, policies, mechanics, and practicalities of building a microcredential program. By the end of this course, participants will have the tools they need to develop a successful and sustainable microcredential program.
The course facilitator will provide feedback and evaluation on worksheets assigned to students for each unit. Students who successfully complete the course, including each unit worksheet, will earn a microcredential.
- Unit 1: What is a Microcredential?
- Unit 2: Benefits of Microcredentials
- Unit 3: Giving Your Microcredential Value
- Unit 4: Organization of a Microcredential
- Unit 5: Administration and Governance
- Unit 6: Designing the Digital Badge
- Unit 7: Nuts and Bolts of Microcredentialing
- Unit 8: Steps to Implement a Microcredential
What You Will Learn
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Define microcredentials and digital badges for your context
- Design and develop microcredentials that have value
- Design a governance framework for the roles and policies that will be needed in your context
- Plan and design the visual elements of your digital badge
- Identify and utilize the metadata contained within the digital badge
- Set-up a microcredential program with an existing system
NotesFor assistance or more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Those who are interested in designing and implementing a microcredential initiative in their own organization or faculty
- Those who are interested in learning more about microcredentials and their governance and administration