Strategic decisions have a direct impact on organizational performance. It's where the rubber meets the road for the unit and organization-level managers who make them. In this course, participants will examine what strategic decisions are, how effective decisions are made, the obstacles that challenge decision effectiveness, and mechanisms with which to combat the challenges.
What You Will LearnParticipants will gain an understanding of three related components of strategy, three sequential elements of a decision-driven organization, six steps in rational decision-making, and the three main challenges to and techniques for boosting creative problem-solving.
This course applies towards the Experienced Leaders Strategic Leadership in Health certificate program. To enrol please add all five (5) required courses to your shopping cart. Please contact email@example.com if you have inquires on registering for the individual course, or visit Executive Education for more information on the Health Sector Leadership programs.
Payment Options – Individual Course Registrations:
- Payment in full of $750.00 (which includes deposit/materials fee)
- Payment is due at time of registration, unless 3rd Party funded
- All course materials are included in your tuition and are housed on the Brightspace Learning Management System. You will receive a follow-up email with details on accessing the Brightspace platform.
Participants in this course are eligible for a T2202 tax receipt. In order to receive a tax receipt, you must put your Social Insurance Number into the profile section of your student account. If you do not add your Social Insurance Number, you will not receive a tax receipt. T2202 tax receipts will be available for you to download from your account at the end of February of the following calendar year.For further information on Registration, Withdrawal and Course cancellations, Transfers and Refunds please refer to Dalhousie Executive Education Policies and Procedures.
- Leaders with more than three (3) years of management/supervisory experience.
- Mid-career healthcare leaders who are seeking to move into senior positions in their organizations.
- Those looking to become more strategic in their decision-making, change leadership, and stakeholder engagement activities.
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Experienced Leaders Strategic Leadership in Health Certificate : Required Courses