This course will cover current theories related to wellness, particularly approaches to fostering it in the workplace. The learning and discussion will also include the concept of total health, referring to life, mental and physical health, and how they interact and can be applied to support an employee to thrive in life.
- Module 1: Definition of a healthy workplace
- Module 2: Benefits of a healthy workplace
- Module 3: Individual Total Health and Wellness
- Module 4: Environmental Total Health and Wellness
What You Will Learn
- How to identify and compare various concepts of healthy workplaces
- How to identify the benefits to a healthy workplace
- Ways to differentiate and compare various factors in individual health and wellness
- How to describe and discriminate between the various psychological risk factors in the workplace
If you have any questions about this course, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
This course provides learners with the opportunity to earn a microcredential. A microcredential is evidence of the mastery of a skill or competency that is desired by employers. Dalhousie microcredentials are developed in collaboration with relevant industries and organizations. The microcredential is demonstrated by a digital badge that can be displayed on social media pages, digital resumes, personal webpages, and in email signatures. To earn the microcredential in this course, learners will need to successfully complete the competency-based assessment related to the microcredential.
- This course will be of benefit to anyone who wants to better understand what a healthy workplace looks like, as well as the individual and environmental factors involved.
- Those in HR and supervisory positions who are looking to strategize and implement health and wellness plans in their organizations to ensure a healthier workforce with fewer sick days and more engagement, by enrolling in this and the other four courses in the Certificate in Total Health and Wellness Strategy.
- Graduates of HR programs who want to upskill and learn more about the fast-growing field of health and wellness.
- Anyone interested in furthering their understanding of health and wellness theories.
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Certificate in Building Positive Workplace Cultures : Electives
- Certificate in Developing Organizational Health and Wellness Strategies : Required courses
- Certificate in Human Resources Management : Elective