This course will introduce the different programming options affiliated with wellness and total health for employees. Learners will be part of discussions and workshops that help them critically analyze the key components that are needed in a robust plan, as they build understanding and confidence in the development of their own multi-year plan.
- Module 1: Physical Health
- Module 2: Mental Health
- Module 3: Life Health
- Module 4: Leadership and Planning
What You Will Learn
- How to recognize the traits of physical, mental and life health that contribute to a flourishing life
- The value that physical, mental and life health have in the workplace
- The value that leadership plays in a flourishing workplace
- How to assemble, design and create the outline of a health and wellness plan
If you have any questions about this course, please send an email to email@example.com
This course provides learners with the opportunity to earn a microcredential. A microcredential is evidence of the mastery of a skill or competency that is desired by employers. Dalhousie microcredentials are developed in collaboration with relevant industries and organizations. The microcredential is demonstrated by a digital badge that can be displayed on social media pages, digital resumes, personal webpages, and in email signatures. To earn the microcredential in this course, learners will need to successfully complete the competency-based assessment related to the microcredential.
The two courses listed below are prerequisites as course materials and exercises in this course build upon prior learning in those courses. If enrolling in multiple courses at once, learners will receive a warning that prerequisites have not been met - please just click “ok” and continue.
- Those in HR and supervisory positions who are looking to strategize and implement health and wellness plans in their organizations to ensure a healthier workforce with fewer sick days and more engagement, by enrolling in this and the other four courses in the Certificate in Total Health and Wellness Strategy.
- Managers and supervisors in any organization who want to build upon their existing experience and education in supervision and HR, by learning more about the impacts physical, mental and psychological wellness of employees have on the health of the organization.
- Graduates of HR programs who want to upskill and learn more about the fast-growing field of health and wellness.
- Consultants in the health and wellness field.
- Anyone interested in or already working in health promotions.
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Certificate in Developing Organizational Health and Wellness Strategies : Required courses