This 14-hour course is designed to explain to Business Analysts the need for testing and teach them the concepts required to plan, manage, execute, and evaluate testing outcomes of a business solution.
Students have three months from date of registration to complete this online self-directed course.
Who Should Attend
Testing for the Business Analyst is appropriate for individuals who are:
- Pursuing a career in Business Analysis
- Business or Information Systems managers or staff who are new to business analysis.
- Experienced Business Analysts requiring better understanding of the role, or desiring formal recognition through certification.
- Project staff or managers currently combining the Business Analyst role with other duties.
- Business staff or managers who are working in Business Analyst environments, needing to interact with project managers and business analysts.
What You Will Learn
Participants will gain practical skills to:
- Explain how quality reduces risk and contributes to achieving business objectives.
- Describe the role of the business analyst in quality and testing.
- Describe various SDLC models and their influence on testing.
- Explain the types of testing and their purposes.
- List the components testing documentation including the Test Strategy, Test Plans, Use Cases and Test Cases
- Explain defect management and how managing defects increases the likelihood of project success.
- Describe system environments such as development, testing, and staging.
- Describe the various roles involved with quality assurance.
Business Requirements: Elicitation, Documentation & Analysis, CBAP, or appropriate training or experience.
You will access an online learning environment that includes video presentations, self-assessment quizzes, case studies, exercises, suggested solutions, and a final exam.
- Defining Quality
- Background on Quality
- Agile and Quality
- Perspectives on, Challenges of, and Importance of Quality
- Financial Impact of Quality and Benefits of Testing
- Elements of Quality
- What Can Be Tested and How Much is Enough
- Risk Identification and Assessment
- Responsibilities of a Tester and a BA in Testing
- Verification and Validation
Testing Types & Sequence
- Testing Approach
- SDLC Model
- SDLC and STLC
- SDLC Options and Selecting One
- Sequence of Testing
- White and Black Boxes
- Functional and Non-Functional Testing
- User Acceptance Testing and the BA Role
- Usability Testing
Test Planning & Management
- Testing Documentation
- The Test Strategy
- Test Plans
- Use Cases
- Test Cases
- Test Partitions and Boundaries
- Test Scripts
- Test Tracking
- Maintaining Traceability
- Defect Management
- Test Reporting
- Post Project Reporting
- Strategy Feedback
- Lessons Learned
Testing Environments and Roles
- Development, Testing, Staging, “Production Like”
- QA Manager, Test Lead, Test Designer, Tester, Test System Administrator
- Business Analyst
- Solution Designer, Development Lead, Developer
- Operations Staff
- Client Representative, End User Testers
NotesFor more courses in the Advanced Business Analysis certificate program click here.
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Business Analysis - Advanced Certificate : Required