The Art and Practice of Leadership Development Certificate Program and all related courses have been suspended indefinitely. We are no longer accepting new applicants and will be contacting current participants with options for completing their certificates.
It is our intention to have a new leadership certificate program in place in 2020.
We sincerely regret any inconvenience this may cause.
The Decision Making Master Class is a highly interactive and intensive two day development program based on the Leadership Decision Making Program at Harvard’s Kennedy School. All attendees will learn the Advanced Leadership Decision Making Model and the specific decision making skills and techniques that are guaranteed to help them become a more effective, thorough, and competent decision maker.
To insure maximum transfer of learning, participants must submit a one-page decision making challenge prior to class. In class, the participants will work on their leadership challenges in small groups. Each group will then further diagnose each person's decision challenge and offer potential solutions and action steps. There is also a rigorous follow-up process with a fully articulated plan of action as participants are paired with a peer coach to insure what they learned is transferred to their workplace.
This is a required course for the Certificate in The Art and Practice of Leadership Development or can be attended as a stand-alone course.
Each participant will receive a copy of Wise Decision Ahead: The Master Decision Makers Handbook by Dr. Brad McRae
What You Will Learn
The Decision Making Master Class is designed for leaders who:
- Face important decisions on a daily basis
- Want to build their own, their teams and their organizations’ decision making capacity
- Seek a greater impact and satisfaction at work, in their personal life, and in their community
- Want to teach coach, mentor and supervise other to become more masterful decision makers
The Key Learnings are:
- Learn how to use seven systematic approaches to effective decision making
- Develop new techniques and methodologies to make progress
- Learn where your internal decision making rules work for you and work against you
For more Leadership courses click here.
"Exceptionally powerful – A unique opportunity to do an in-depth analysis on my decision-making Style."
– Brad Anguish, Director, Halifax Regional Municipality
"The in class Decision-Making Simulations were unquestionably among the most powerful learning experiences I have experienced. Brad is and excellent instructor and guide."
– David Holt, Editor, OptiMYz Magazine and Columnist/Contributor, Progress Magazine
"Brad, the leadership and decision making work you are doing is extremely important and of enormous value to businesses and organizations of all types. It should be heavily subscribed to. The Harvard Decision Making Simulation was fascinating, entertaining and thought provoking. A great learning experience facilitated in a very professional manner. Well done!"
– Doug Rose, Past President and CEO, Halterm