ISO 9001 has become the International Standard for Quality Management Systems. Exciting and specific changes have been made making this the most effective Quality System Standard ever. Adopted by over 60 nations around the world, and the primary measure of systems performance and effectiveness in all of the major trading nations, no company, organization or business can afford to ignore its impact on trade and market competitiveness.
The principles and structures of the Standard Requirements, Guidance Documents, Interpretations, Accreditation and Certification are covered in detail. This course incorporates formal presentations, open discussions, teamwork and case study workshops.
This three-day course is designed to provide participants with the core skills and knowledge to baseline an in-company project for the successful implementation of ISO 9001:2015.
Who Should Attend
Project managers and/or leaders involved in implementing a Quality Management System, preparing their organization for ISO 9001:2015 Registration, or setting up teams for planning and implementation. It is also ideal for Quality professionals who wish to implement the new requirements to existing ISO 9000:1994 Quality Systems.
Benefits to Participants
Upon completion of this course you will have:
- Increased your "hands-on" understanding of ISO 9001 and its relevance to your organization
- Increased your understanding of the principles and practices of Quality Assurance
- Learned the ISO 9001:2015 requirements
- Learned how to interpret the standard requirements to your organization's key processes
- Benefited from the expertise and experience of a Quality Systems Lead Auditor
Day 1 - registration/check-in will start at 8:00 a.m. with sessions to begin at 8:30 a.m. and adjourn at 4:00 p.m. Days 2-3 will commence at 8:30 a.m. and adjourn at 4:00 p.m. There will be 15 minute mid-morning and afternoon breaks. A light lunch is included from 12 noon to 1:00 pm.
Day 18:15 Registration
8:30 Welcome & Introduction
- Defining Quality and Quality Systems Evolution
- The emergence of ISO 9000
- International significance and adoption
- The role of ISO 9000 in the marketplace
- Putting the revisions to the standard in perspective
- Overview of the new requirements
Day 28:30 Sessions Resume
- Overview of the New Requirements (cont'd)
- Clause-by-Clause Analysis and Interpretation
- Assessing your organization's readiness for ISO 9001:2015
- How to collect the data which has to be documented
- How to involve everyone in the process
Day 38:30 Sessions Resume
- How ISO 9001:2015 affect industry specific quality standards
- The impact of ISO 9001:2015's move from the familiar 20-element structure to a process based model
- The accreditation, registration and certification process
- How to choose a registrar
- Setting up the implementation plan
4:00 Final Adjournment
Participants enrolled in the AIIM and TQPM Certificate Programs, of which this course is a required component, will be expected to write a final exam. Those attending this course as a stand-alone seminar may opt out of the final exam if they wish.
You Will Receive
A complete set of course notes and handouts that will serve as information references.
Participants are required to bring a copy of the Standard ISO 9001-2015 Quality Management Systems - Requirements to the course with them. Standards can be purchased at one of the following links:
Kathryn Lynn MacLeod is a certified Lead Quality Auditor and is President of Anchor Professional & Training Services (APTS) Ltd. APTS is a full-service professional training and development practice servicing a diverse international client base. Kathy is an Associate with an internationally recognized Quality Registrar and acts in the capacity of ISO 9001:2015 trainer, lead assessor and market development. Kathy was instrumental in the management and development of Nova Scotia's Quality and Productivity Initiative (QPI). Her expertise lies in the areas of Quality Assurance Systems and Standards (CSA Z299/ISO 9000), Service Quality, Total Quality Management and Organizational Excellence, Productivity Improvement, Food Quality and Safety, Change Management and Organizational Cultures.
Kathy has provided hands-on advice and guidance to over 300 companies. As a certified Lead Assessor, she has assisted her clients in their achievement of registration to international standards of quality assurance and successful implementation of quality processes and philosophies. In addition to her work with ISO 9001, Kathy's management experience covers both the public and private sectors in quality and safety analysis, auditing, assessments, training, facilitation, quality and productivity studies and benchmarking.
A Certified Toastmaster, Kathy has taught public speaking and has given motivational speeches and presentations to groups and organizations on a wide variety of quality and quality related topics. She is also an instructor for Dalhousie University, College of Continuing Education, Continuing Technical Education, and is currently teaching an ISO 9001:2015 certificate program along with several other courses in quality and process improvement. Kathy is a recipient of the ASQ Harry James Quality Commitment Award.