The first course in the Certificate in Process Instrumentation and Control covers the tagging and symbology as well as the application of the most common sensors used in the world of process instrumentation and control (PIC).
Each week has a one-hour pre-recorded session with the instructor. There is a total of six hours of pre-recorded sessions in this course.
- Week 1: Introduction to Process Instrumentation and Control
- Week 2: Tagging and Symbology
- Week 3: Analyzers
- Week 4: Flow Measurement
- Week 5: Level Measurement
- Week 6: Pressure and Temperature Measurement
What You Will Learn
- An overview of instrumentation and control
- Instrument identification and line symbols
- An in-depth look at analyzer systems including location, tagging, and implementation
- Flow measurement such as thermal and turbine
- Pressure and temperature measurement
NotesBy enrolling in this course, you will be automatically enrolled in the Certificate in Process Instrumentation and Control.
- Engineering or technical personnel
- Those who would like to learn about the field of PIC in a condensed time frame and from a practical point of view
- Those who would like to communicate with PIC staff such as technical and supervisory personnel
- Anyone interested in moving into the field of PIC
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Certificate in Advanced Process Automation : Required Courses
- Certificate in Process Instrumentation and Control : Course