This one-day Introduction to Business Analysis workshop is for project managers, project team members, and subject matter experts. Those who work in those positions will gain a better understanding of the BA role on a project and how the BA role integrates with other traditional project management roles. Workshop participants will also find that with the basic level understanding of core BA tools gained through this workshop, they will be in a better position to help define and communicate the product requirements which must be addressed within the project.
Taught through a series of discussions, examples, and real world hands-on exercises drawn from IT projects, participants of this workshop will come away with tools they can apply immediately, whether their primary role is that of a Project Manager, Account Manager, Consultant, Developer, or other project team member.
You will receive a course binder containing copies of presentation slides, exercises, and reference materials.
What You Will Learn
Participants will gain practical skills to:
- Understand the differences and the interrelationship between PM, BA, and SME roles
- Understand how BA tools can be beneficial
- Understand best practices in defining requirements
- Understand the core BA tools used for determining the business and user requirements and documenting those requirements
Who Should Attend
The Introduction to Business Analysis course is suitable for individuals who are:
- Project Managers
- Subject Matter Experts (e.g. consultants, developers, programmers)
- Account Managers
- Project Team Members