It’s a VUCA (volatile, uncertain, complex, and ambiguous) world out there – and inside our organizations.
It’s no longer possible to work effectively by hunkering down and going it alone. Getting things done requires a network of trust-based relationships – colleagues who are interested in what you have to say, give you the benefit of the doubt, and who support you.
But how do we build and maintain those relationships in a hybrid workplace? What if the people we need in our network are those we rarely meet face-to-face? How do we read and manage workplace politics when the usual methods are no longer as relevant?
In this workshop, you will learn to build trust-based networks in the hybrid workplace, and leverage them to meet your goals.
Week 1: Learning about the VUCA world
Week 2: Understanding the hybrid workplace
Week 3: How relationships and networks develop
Week 4: Hybrid work and establishing trust
Week 5: The risks associated with hybrid trust and relationship management
Week 6: How to thrive in your environment
What You Will Learn
1. Diagnose workplace situations that are volatile, uncertain, complex, or ambiguous (VUCA);
2. Describe sources of power, influence, and connection in the hybrid workplace;
3. Analyze workplace networks;
4. Explore pathways for developing trust-based relationships in the hybrid workplace;
5. Manage risks in relationship building;
6. Develop strategies for leveraging a network effectively in response to a VUCA challenge.
Required text: HBR Guide to Managing Flexible Work (HBR Guide Series)
This course is for anyone who would like to better navigate workplace politics, build their workplace network, and leverage it effectively, especially in a hybrid environment. Both leaders and front-line employees will benefit from this course.
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Certificate in Professional Communications : Required