The first course in the Certificate in Mechanical Engineering for Non-Mechanical Engineers looks at mechanical engineering concepts, then moves on to measuring units and the mechanics of solids and fuels. The course concludes with an in-depth look at heat and the strength of materials.
Each week has a one-hour pre-recorded session with the instructor. There is a total of five hours of pre-recorded sessions in this course.
- Week 1: Mechanical engineering concepts
- Week 2: Measuring units
- Week 3: Mechanics of solids and fluids
- Week 4: Heat
- Week 5: Strength of materials
What You Will Learn
- The various concepts associate with mechanical engineering
- Different units of measurement
- How solids and fuels work
- Material strength
NotesBy enrolling in this course, you will be automatically enrolled in the Certificate in Mechanical Engineering for Non-Mechanical Engineers.
- Technical, supervisory, and management personnel in design, operation, manufacturing, and support roles
- Anyone seeking a better understanding of the theories, basic academic fundamentals, and practices of mechanical engineering and mechanical equipment
- Those who simply would like to refresh and enhance their understanding in the area of mechanical engineering