The first course in the Certificate in Industrial Data Communications looks at communication concepts including goals and definitions, then moves on to communications models such as the ISO-OSI reference model and the IEEE 802 model. The course concludes with an in-depth look at serial communications including data control, computer communications, and USB specifications (V1.0, V2.0, and V3.0).
Each week has a one-hour pre-recorded session with the instructor. There is a total of four hours of pre-recorded sessions in this course.
Serial Communications (continued)
What You Will Learn
- Data organization including signals, communicatons codes, and error detection and correction
- Various communication models including the 5-Layer Internet Model, the 3-Layer Industrial Model, and N-tier models.
- Industry standards including TIA 232, TIA 422, and TIA 485
- SATA and SCSI connections
NotesBy enrolling in this course, you will be automatically enrolled in the Certificate in Industrial Data Communications.
- Automation Engineers
- Technologists interested in the numerous networked systems through the industry