The first course in the Certificate in Advanced Process Control is designed to provide attendees with sufficient knowledge to optimize PID control loops. The course covers various process types and how to determine their dynamic behaviour which is essential knowledge for tuning controllers. It also covers many details about modern PID controllers and the advanced tuning techniques required for successfully tuning control industrial loops.
Each week has a one-hour pre-recorded session with the instructor. There is a total of six hours of pre-recorded sessions in this course.
- Week 1: Introduction to Process Control
- Week 2: Process Characteristics
- Week 3: Control Modes and Controller Settings
- Week 4: Controller Algorithms and Options
- Week 5: Controller Tuning I
- Week 6: Controller Tuning II
What You Will Learn
- The characteristics of process dynamics and their relevance to controller tuning
- The workings of Proportional-Integral-Derivative (PID) controllers and what each of the three modes actually do
- Different controller types, algorithms, and options – and when to use which one
- Appropriate tuning techniques for different process types and tuning objectives
NotesBy enrolling in this course, you will be automatically enrolled in the Certificate in Advanced Process Control.
- Process control engineers
- Instrumentation and control technicians
- Technical personnel who design, optimize, and troubleshoot control loops
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Certificate in Advanced Process Control : Required