The Certificate in Heating, Ventilation & Air Conditioning (HVAC) consists of three courses covering the different phases of HVAC from a non-engineering and practical point of view. It includes the basic concepts, engineering, and installation, maintenance, and balancing of HVAC equipment. This certificate is to ensure that participants are able to identify parts of and manage an active HVAC installation in a building.
What You Will Learn?
- The most important systems in an HVAC installation and how they are comprised and controlled
- The most important components of different types of HVAC systems
- Strategies for controlling HVAC costs from initial ones, through operation, to disposal.
- Strategies for integrating and managing the various HVAC processes that ought to work in tandem, and to manage a building's climate
Who Should Take This Certificate?
- Estimation Technicians
- Commissioning Engineers
- Building Comfort Analysts
- Quality Assurance / Quality Control Personnel
How Will You Benefit?
The Certificate in Heating, Ventilation & Air Conditioning (HVAC) can help you:
- learn basic HVAC principles
- apply the principles of HVAC and thermodynamics
- identify HVAC sub-systems, requirements, and components
- comprehend HVAC systems and requirements
- know codes and identify HVAC standards
- recognize HVAC processes and utilize associated jargon
- identify the basics of high performing HVAC systems
- learn how HVAC complements business operations
Fees & Scheduling
The fee for each course is $1195 or register and pay $3295 for the entire certificate in advance and save $290. Please note that textbooks are not included.
This online certificate consists of three courses. Live online sessions are every Tuesday, 8:00 - 9:00 p.m. Atlantic Standard Time (AST).
The certificate can also be taken asynchronously. Students start on a date of their choosing and progress through each course at their own pace. There are no live sessions with the instructor; however, students will have access to pre-recorded sessions. The instructor will also be available for consultation via email.
Note: Your registration is not guaranteed until your seat is confirmed and you have been contacted by our Registration Office. As well, fees are based on the current academic year and are subject to change. No deferral of the non-refundable deposit or program fees is allowed. Text and materials related to courses may constitute an additional cost.
It is highly recommended that participants complete the three courses in sequential order. The certificate is awarded after the completion of all three courses, including all quizzes, assignments, and exams. This represents approximately 154 hours of training including online sessions, home study, assignments, and exam preparation. The participants must attain a minimum of 65% for each module and an aggregate average of at least 75% in the program.