The certificate in Sustainable Energy Technologies introduces students to renewable energy, smart cities, and the clean technologies that are shaping the future.
What Will You Learn?
Participants will gain practical knowledge and skills to be able to:
- Walk through every step required to design, implement and manage a sustainable energy project.
- Recognize the most common and most innovative applications of energy in electricity, transportation, heat and buildings.
- Understand the mechanics of how power and heat are generated and utilized.
- Financially evaluate and compare sustainable energy technologies.
- Understand barriers and incentives to implementation of renewable energy technologies.
Who Should Take This Certificate?
- Individuals who want to enhance their resume and marketability in the clean technology job market.
- Industry executives interested in expanding their knowledge on the rapidly growing renewable energy sector.
- Project managers, developers and investors interested in expanding their career or business with renewable energy.
- It is recommended that participants have completed secondary school or equivalent, be proficient (to university level) in English. Between two to five years working experience is preferred but not required.
How Will You Benefit?
Participants will enhance their knowledge of wind, solar, geothermal, biomass, as well as conventional energy systems such as coal, gas and nuclear power and gain an understanding of the economics of renewables, policy directions, and how renewables will integrate with smart grids and the Internet of Things (IoT).
Fees & Scheduling
The fee for each course is $1395. This online certificate consists of three courses.
Course I: Energy Fundamentals
Course II: Solar Energy Developers
Course III: Wind Energy Developers
This certificate is taken online at your own pace (Online Self-Paced). Students start on a date of their choosing and have 6 months to complete each course. There are no live sessions with the instructor; however, students will have access to pre-recorded sessions. The instructor will also be available for consultation via email.
By completion of the certificate, participants will be qualified to write the Sustainable Energy Professional (SEP) exam as part of the Foundation Technologies Institute credentialing process.
Recommended reading (not required):
- Fundamentals and Applications of Renewable Energy, Kanoglu et. al, 2020. Available through Amazon.
- Renewable Energy Finance: Powering the Future, Donavan C., 2015. Available through Amazon.
It is highly recommended that participants complete the three courses in sequential order. The certificate is awarded after the completion of all three courses, including all quizzes, assignments, and exams. This represents approximately 126 hours of training including online sessions, home study, assignments, and exam preparation. The participants must attain a minimum of 65% for each course and an aggregate average of at least 75% in the program.
For assistance or more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.