The Certificate in Finance and Risk Management consists of three (3) fully online courses that are designed to help learners in public and private sector organizations navigate the complexities of financial, technological, and organizational management and risk. Courses are a combination of self-study as well as live online sessions. All courses can be taken individually. Successful completion of three (3) courses is required to be awarded the certificate.
What Will You Learn?
Students who complete this certificate will:
- know the basics of risk assessment and risk management.
- recognize organizational risks and be familiar with strategies to reduce them.
- understand the importance of cybersecurity.
- have an awareness of systems and best practices available to protect an organization's cybersecurity.
- understand financial information for organizational decision-making.
Who Should Take This Certificate?
This certificate will be useful to anyone who may be involved with risk management and assessment, cybersecurity planning, and/or financial planning for their organization.
The certificate consists of three (3) courses over 108 hours:
- OLCD-PALS0020 Risk Assessment and Management (36 hours)
- OLCD-PALS0026 Cybersecurity (36 hours)
- OLCD-PALS0019 Finance Essentials for Business or OLCD-PALS0016 Finance Essentials for Public Sector Leaders (36 hours)
The courses can be completed in any order.
Fees and Schedule
See each course for the applicable tuition fee. Courses are offered once a year and start in September, January, and April. All courses are 12 weeks long and require a minimum of 36 hours of learning engagement.
For assistance or more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Do you have prior learning or experience relevant to this certificate?
It may be possible to receive advanced standing in this certificate based on your prior learning from work or life experience. We provide two types of recognition of prior learning:
- Prior Certified Learning: Assessment of prior coursework or training through a provider, that is neither a university or college, for the purpose of advanced standing. Examples of certified learning may include military courses, accredited certificates, workplace training programs, etc.
- Prior Experiential Learning: Assessment of previous work and life learning that may be equivalent to learning outcomes of university courses / programs, for the purpose of advanced standing. Relevant prior learning may come from work or volunteer experience, participation on committees or boards, independent study, etc.
To discuss how to use your prior learning to apply for advanced standing, please contact email@example.com.
Take your learning to the next level with a professional designation
Interested in earning a professional designation in project management, business analysis or human resource management? Learn more by checking out our Diploma in Professional and Leadership Studies.