- 4 required courses
- 3 years to complete
The Certificate in Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion explores the struggles organizations face in achieving equity, inclusion, and harmonious environments. Through participation in the certificate, learners will explore ways to create safe spaces to engage in real dialogue, policies around fairness, respect and civility, and strategies for navigating sensitive issues related to diversity and inclusion.
The Ivany Report (2014) noted enhanced focus and consideration of diversity and inclusion as critical objectives for social and economic progress in Nova Scotia, and a number of initiatives have been enacted across the province since its publication. While diversity clearly makes good business sense, it is evident that organizations and industries are not fully maximizing the potential that diversity can offer.
The following courses comprise the Certificate in Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion. You are not required to take the courses in the order listed below, but it is recommended that you take OLCD-IDEA0004 after completing the first three courses in the certificate (OLCD-IDEA0001, 0002, 0003).
Please click on each course name for more details:
- OLCD-IDEA0001 Understanding EDI: An Organization Imperative
- OLCD-IDEA0002 Inclusive Communications in the Workplace
- OLCD-IDEA0003 Optimizing Diverse Team Performance
- OLCD-IDEA0004 Strategies for Implementing EDI Initiatives
The Certificate requires a passing grade of 80% in each course.
Learners have 3 years to complete this Certificate.
The fee for each course is $650.
For assistance or more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
What Will You Learn?
- Gain ideas, tools and strategies for communicating inclusively
- Develop strategies for engaging in courageous conversations
- Develop skills to foster diverse teams
- Learn how to start an organizational D&I initiative
Who Should Take This Certificate?
Anyone interested in learning how to advance the agenda on diversity and inclusion within their respective organization.
How Will You Benefit?
The Certificate in Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion can help you to:
- Discover new ways of identifying diversity, leveraging diversity and maximizing on workplace diversity to achieve inclusion organizational goals and objectives.
- Increase confidence and credibility that will set a path for achieving your diversity and inclusion goals and objectives.
Recognition of Prior Learning
It may be possible to receive advanced standing in this certificate based on your prior learning from work or life experience. We provide two types of recognition of prior learning:
- Prior Certified Learning: Assessment of prior coursework or training through a provider, that is neither a university or college, for the purpose of advanced standing. Examples of certified learning may include military courses, accredited certificates, workplace training programs, etc.
- Prior Experiential Learning: Assessment of previous work and life learning that may be equivalent to learning outcomes of university courses / programs, for the purpose of advanced standing. Relevant prior learning may come from work or volunteer experience, participation on committees or boards, independent study, etc.
To discuss how to use your prior learning to apply for advanced standing, please contact email@example.com.
Take your learning to the next level with a professional designation
Interested in earning a professional designation in project management, business analysis or human resource management? Learn more by checking out our Diploma in Professional and Leadership Studies.