The Certificate in Data Management for Professionals provides a broad perspective of data management issues occurring in enterprise organizations. Divided into three courses focusing on data quality, specific governance practices, and storage technologies, this certificate connects business practices with technology to increase participants’ data literacy. One benefit of increased data literacy includes having the insight to choose the appropriate software and data techniques to solve a business problem. Highlighting commonly used jargon (big data, ETL, data warehousing), each course will also help participants become conversant to work effectively with technical teams and data management vendors.
What Will You Learn?
- Distinguish features of information management system types (transaction processing, decision support, business intelligence, online analytical processing, AI (ChatGPT), etc.)
- Data governance best practices such as enterprise-wide metadata management
- Uses case for relational databases, NoSql, and data lakes
Who Should Take This Certificate?
- Professionals from accounting, sales, and engineering who are involved in evaluating, implementing, and/or using information management systems
- Industry workers from healthcare, manufacturing, and finance who are participating in assessing, applying, and/or employing information management systems
- Those with one to two years of experience working with any enterprise information system (such as an ERP or data warehouse)
How Will You Benefit?
The Certificate in Data Management for Professionals can help you:
- evaluate data quality.
- develop requirements for robust information systems using the data life cycle and the data analytics life cycle.
- recognize data ownership complexities and ambiguities in enterprise organizations.
- understand the technical and organizational barriers to data security and privacy.
- perform critical evaluations of data software tools.
Fees & Schedule
The fee for each course is $1195. Please note that textbooks are not included.
This online certificate consists of three courses. Live online sessions are every Wednesday, 8:00 - 9:00 p.m. Atlantic Standard Time (AST).
Note: Your registration is not guaranteed until your seat is confirmed and you have been contacted by our Registration Office. As well, fees are based on the current academic year and are subject to change. No deferral of the non-refundable deposit or program fees is allowed. Text and materials related to courses may constitute an additional cost.
It is highly recommended that participants complete the three courses in sequential order. The certificate is awarded after the completion of all three courses, including all quizzes, assignments, and exams. This represents approximately 126 hours of training including online sessions, home study, assignments, and exam preparation. The participants must attain a minimum of 65% for each module and an aggregate average of at least 75% in the program.
For assistance or more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Do you have prior learning or experience relevant to this certificate?
It may be possible to receive advanced standing in this certificate based on your prior learning from work or life experience. We provide two types of recognition of prior learning:
Prior Certified Learning: Assessment of prior coursework or training through a professional training provider, for the purpose of advanced standing. Examples of certified learning may include university or college coursework, military training, accredited certificates, workplace training programs, etc.
Prior Experiential Learning: Assessment of previous work and life learning that may be equivalent to learning outcomes of university courses/programs, for the purpose of advanced standing. Relevant prior learning may come from work or volunteer experience, participation on committees or boards, independent study, etc.
To discuss how to use your prior learning to apply for advanced standing, please contact email@example.com.
Take your learning to the next level with a professional designation
Interested in earning a professional designation in project management, business analysis or human resource management? Learn more by checking out our Diploma in Professional and Leadership Studies.