The Certificate in Business Analysis is for professionals looking to pursue a business analysis career and get hands-on experience; as well as for experienced analysts looking to enhance their skills, and learn the latest concepts, tools, and frameworks to add value to their teams and organizations. It is also suited for those who, along with their regular job responsibilities, assume some BA responsibilities. The certificate follows the latest best practices, incorporates leadership and practical communication concepts, and is tailored to both agile and non-agile environments. This program includes Data Analytics because Business Analysts are often involved in the interpretation and analysis of data.
The demand for experienced business analysts increases as the profession becomes more globally recognized and standardized, and employers acknowledge the value business analysts bring to their organizations. The BA plays an integral role within the business, uniting current industry knowledge, practical tools, and techniques to deliver quality project solutions on time and within budget. Whether you are new to the profession or a seasoned business analyst, you will benefit from the knowledge and practical application of standard tools and techniques used in many industries today. This certificate program provides valuable educational content for those who want to attain the Certified Business Analysis Professional (CBAP ®) designation offered by the International Institute of Business Analysis.
The Certificate in Business Analysis is delivered by Procept Associates Ltd.
What Will You Learn?
- Elicit and manage requirements end to end
- Perform business analysis activities that add value
- Build a business case
- Map, model, analyze and improve processes
- Develop basic competencies of business data analytics
- Understand and BA tools for agile and non-agile environments
Who Should Take This Certificate?
- People who want to embark on a business analysis career
- Business analysts who want to enhance and improve their skills for better performance
- Team members who work with business analysts, including project managers, technical team members, and other stakeholders
- People who want to optimize their performance in a dynamic and changing environment, both agile and waterfall
- Those preparing to challenge the exam for the Certified Business Analysis Professional™ (CBAP®) designation
How Will You Benefit?
The Certificate in Business Analysis can help you:
- learn how to observe opportunities for improvements and challenges
- translate ideas, problems, and challenges into actionable items
- lead change and identify customers’ needs
- analyze processes and performance
- effectively elicit and manage requirements
- introduce efficiencies and ideas for improvement and identify areas that require action
- enhance team performance by supporting their changing needs
Fees & Scheduling
This online certificate consists of five courses. Live online sessions for the Online-Scheduled Courses are from 9:00 a.m. - 12:30 p.m. Atlantic Standard Time (AST) on the designated days outlined in the schedule.
The courses and fees are as follows:
- Course I (Online-Scheduled): Business Analysis Essentials ($1,395.00)
- Course II (Online-Scheduled): Business Analysis in Practice ($1,395.00)
- Course III (Online-Scheduled): Enterprise and Strategic Analysis ($930.00)
- Course IV (Online-Scheduled): Introduction to Business Data Analytics ($750.00)
- Course V (Online Self-Paced): The Agile Business Analyst ($750.00)
Note: Your registration is not guaranteed until your seat is confirmed and you have been contacted by our Registration Office. As well, fees are based on the current academic year and are subject to change. No deferral of the non-refundable deposit or program fees is allowed. Text and materials related to courses may constitute an additional cost.
Upon completion of the program, participants are awarded a Dalhousie University Business Analysis Certificate.
Take your learning to the next level with a professional designation
Interested in earning a professional designation in project management, business analysis or human resource management? Learn more by checking out our Diploma in Professional and Leadership Studies.