In order to ensure that business requirements are properly captured (a fundamental requirement for project success), organizations are now placing emphasis on the knowledge and capabilities of its Business Analysts. The Certificate in Business Analysis has been designed to equip participants with the analytical skill set required for gathering, validating, communicating, documenting and testing business requirements as well as the effective development and implementation of business processes. Participants will be able to share ideas as to what works and what doesn’t and will enhance their business analysis knowledge, including their non-technical skills after completion of the program.
To receive the Certificate of Completion, each participant is required to attend three required courses and one elective. All requirements must be met within four years. All courses can be taken as part of the certificate program or on a stand-alone basis.
To enrol in this certificate, please register for any one of the three (3) required courses:
- CCE-BUSA0010 Enterprise and Strategic Analysis
- CCE-BUSA0011 Business Analysis: Planning and Communication
- CCE-BUSA0012 Business Requirements: Elicitation, Documentation and Analysis
A wide variety of instructional techniques will be used to deliver the courses. Techniques include facilitated group exercises, discussions, and thought-provoking exercises that encourage both experimentation and analysis, interspersed with instructor presentation of theory and best practices.
Who Should Attend
- Individuals who want to pursue, or are currently pursuing, a career in business analysis
- Business or information systems manager new to business analysis
- Experienced business analyst requiring formal recognition through certification, or for better understanding of the role
- Project staff or manager currently combining the business analyst role with their own
- Business staff or manager working in a business analysis environment and needing to interface with project managers and business analysts
What You Will Learn
- Determine how business analysis fits into the project management and systems development lifecycle
- Determine business problems and their root causes and suggest likely solutions to the problems
- Prepare a business case
- Accurately estimate timeframes for BA deliverables
- Create a gap/fit analysis document
- Apply requirements gathering techniques and elicit requirements from the business
- Solicit and document project scope and detailed requirements
- Apply business process modeling concepts
- Think critically and laterally on issues
- Analyze business issues and offer recommendations
- Develop effective metrics for business, process or project objectives
- Write analysis report in a logical sequence
- Prepare convincing defense for analysis report, and present defense using enhanced facilitation and communication skills
- Create test strategy and plan, coordinate the execution of test plan, and evaluate test results
- Identify, document and manage risks throughout the project lifecycle
- Apply project management methodology for business analysis work
- Deliver consistent results in business analysis arising from new knowledge of what works and what doesn't
This program of study is endorsed by the IIBA as suitable learning for professionals pursuing the Certified Business Analysis Professional (CBAP) designation and is based on information contained in BABOK 3.0. Program content reflects the body of knowledge tested by the CBAP certification examination, but completion of the Business Analysis Certificate does not in itself ensure eligibility or success on the CBAP exam. Please note that eligibility requirements to sit the CBAP examination include five years (7500 hours) business analysis work experience. A detailed summary of CBAP certification requirements can be found on the IIBA website at www.theiiba.org.
In association with