The Certificate in Ergonomic Program Management has been created for individuals who are responsible for an occupational health and safety program and/or the creation and management of an ergonomics program for their company or organization. The increasing need for due diligence in preventing accidents and injury while demonstrating financial benefits in doing so puts great importance on the establishment of an effective ergonomics program within any health and safety program.
What Will You Learn?
- Necessary skills to incorporate ergonomics into their occupational health and safety program
- The ability to develop an ergonomic program appropriate for their workplace
- How to identify risks factors in their workplace that place employees at risk of injury and develop solutions to reduce the risk
- The ability to cost-justify ergonomic initiatives to management
- Skills to assess the effectiveness of ergonomic interventions to improve their company or organization's bottom line
Who Should Take This Certificate?
- Those responsible for occupational health & safety within office spaces, manufacturing operations, processing industries, business service sectors, transportation industries, and healthcare facilities including:
- health & safety co-ordinators
- OH&S nurses
- occupational therapists
- industrial hygienists
How Will You Benefit?
The Certificate in Ergonomic Program Management can help you:
- identify basic hazards that can lead to injury in the workplace.
- utilize advanced hazard identification tools to identify variables that affect the safety of employees’ jobs.
- identify areas within your workplace where there is room for organizational improvement.
- develop strategies for establishing an infrastructure from which an ergonomics program will function.
- examine strategies for involving management, union, supervisors, and employees in a program.
- facilitate the interpretation and communication of cost-benefit data to appropriate decision-makers.
Fees & Schedule
The fee for each course is $795. This includes all course material.
This online certificate consists of four courses. Live online sessions are every Wednesday, 9:00 - 10:00 p.m. Atlantic Standard Time (AST).
- Course I: Ergonomics in the Workplace
- Course II: Office Ergonomics and Workplace Design
- Course III: Industrial Ergonomics and Workplace Design
- Course IV: Ergonomic Program Design and Integration
Note: Your registration is not guaranteed until your seat is confirmed and you have been contacted by our Registration Office. As well, fees are based on the current academic year and are subject to change. No deferral of the non-refundable deposit or program fees is allowed. Text and materials related to courses may constitute an additional cost.
Admission with Advanced Standing: An exemption of one course may be granted for individuals who have successfully completed a course assessed as being equivalent to a course in this program. Requests must be submitted in writing to the Program Director and include details of the training and mark achieved. Training should be taken within the last five years and a mark of no lower than 60% must have been achieved.
Participants are required to take OLCD-ERGO0010 Ergonomics in the Workplace before any other course in the certificate. The certificate is awarded after the completion of all four courses, including all quizzes, assignments, and exams. This represents approximately 130 hours of training including attending online sessions, home study, assignments, and exam preparation. The participants must attain a minimum of 65% for each module and an aggregate average of at least 75% in the program.For more information, please contact Open Learning & Career Development.