This certificate provides an additional set of skills for HR employees who want to focus on: coaching their employees to get the best possible results, employee and media communications to maintain meaningful relationships, and effectively resolving conflict in the workplace.
What You Will Learn
- To build positive relationships with others
- To listen more effectively so that you can influence the performance equation
- To build organizational cultures that are based on continuous improvement
- To grow as an effective leader
- To examine theories of negotiation and negotiation styles
- To enhance your negotiation skills
- To assess your personality type and negotiation temperament
- Effective conflict resolution strategies
- To critically evaluate communications, ideas, perspectives, information and data
- To approach challenges and problems analytically and systematically
- To use data effectively in your problem-solving and decision-making
- To select solutions to current problems through an objective solution evaluation process appropriate to the context
- To manage ambiguity and uncertainty in your decision-making and problem-solving.
Who Should Take This Certificate?
- Leaders who want to get the most from those they lead
- Managers who wish to expand their leadership talent
- Anyone wishing to develop or enhance skills in negotiation and conflict resolution
- Aspiring, new or current leaders who need to think critically and solve problems in rapidly changing, high-stakes situations and contexts
- Current leaders who are not confident solving problems and making decisions in situations in which the information is incomplete or changing quickly
- Current leaders or managers who would like a refresher on how to solve problems in the high-pressure complexity of today's situations.
The certificate consists of three courses totaling 108 hours of learning, each 36 hours long. They are:
- OLCD-PALS0010 Coaching Skills for Leaders
- OLCD-PALS0015 Strategic Public Communications: Building Impact & Influence
- OLCD-PALS0032 Negotiation and Conflict Resolution
Fees and Schedule
The tuition fee for each course is $1,045.00.
The courses run in September, January and April. The courses are 12 weeks long and require a minimum of 36 hours of learning engagement each. You should expect to spend a minimum of 3 hours per week engaged in learning the course material. Many participants choose to spend more than the minimum of 3 hours per week in order to dig into the material and assessments more deeply. There are live sessions throughout the courses.
For assistance or more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Do you have prior learning or experience relevant to this certificate?
It may be possible to receive advanced standing in this certificate based on your prior learning from work or life experience. We provide two types of recognition of prior learning:
- Prior Certified Learning: Assessment of prior coursework or training through a provider, that is neither a university or college, for the purpose of advanced standing. Examples of certified learning may include military courses, accredited certificates, workplace training programs, etc.
- Prior Experiential Learning: Assessment of previous work and life learning that may be equivalent to learning outcomes of university courses / programs, for the purpose of advanced standing. Relevant prior learning may come from work or volunteer experience, participation on committees or boards, independent study, etc.
To discuss how to use your prior learning to apply for advanced standing, please contact email@example.com.