The Certificate in Business Management is offered fully online. The practical focus of the courses will help you develop a knowledge base and a range of strategies and skills to manage effectively and successfully in complex, dynamic organizational contexts. The Certificate in Business Management applies to individuals pursuing managerial careers in small, medium and large-sized enterprises.
What You Will Learn
The certificate provides a comprehensive grounding in key skills and functions that will allow you to make effective and successful short, medium, and long-term managerial decisions in your organization. The course assessments will provide you with the opportunity to apply what you have learned to your own professional or work context.
Who Should Take This Certificate?
You should take this certificate if:
- You are in a decision-making capacity in your organization.
- You are new to a management role or moving into a management role in your organization.
- You aspire to a management role in your organization or a new organization.
- You run your own business.
How Will You Benefit?
The Certificate in Business Management can help you:
- Fill personal knowledge and skill gaps in different aspects of management.
- Apply foundational skills in key functional areas of managing an organization, including marketing, finance, business law and economics.
- Discuss and analyze management work using a strong theoretical and practical foundation.
The certificate consists of three courses totaling 108 hours of learning, each requiring 36 hours of coursework. They are:
- OLCD-PALS0019 Finance Essentials for Business
- OLCD-PALS0023 Law Essentials for Business
- OLCD-PALS0021 Marketing Essentials for Business or OLCD-PALS0022 Microeconomics for Business
Fees and Schedule
The tuition fee for each course is $1,045.00.
The courses run in September, January and April. The courses are 12 weeks long and require a minimum of 36 hours of learning engagement each. You should expect to spend a minimum of 3 hours per week engaged in learning the course material. Many participants choose to spend more than the minimum of 3 hours per week in order to dig into the material and assessments more deeply. There are live sessions throughout the courses.
For assistance or more information, please contact email@example.com.
Do you have prior learning or experience relevant to this certificate?
It may be possible to receive advanced standing in this certificate based on your prior learning from work or life experience. We provide two types of recognition of prior learning:
- Prior Certified Learning: Assessment of prior coursework or training through a provider, that is neither a university or college, for the purpose of advanced standing. Examples of certified learning may include military courses, accredited certificates, workplace training programs, etc.
- Prior Experiential Learning: Assessment of previous work and life learning that may be equivalent to learning outcomes of university courses / programs, for the purpose of advanced standing. Relevant prior learning may come from work or volunteer experience, participation on committees or boards, independent study, etc.
To discuss how to use your prior learning to apply for advanced standing, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.