Students may apply to obtain the Advanced Certificate in Fire Service Administration after having obtained the general Certificate in Fire Service Administration or the Certificate in Fire Service Administration with an area of specialization. Please contact us to request enrolment in this certificate.
Who Should Take This Certificate?
Individuals who have completed the Certificate in Fire Service Leadership, and the Certificate in Fire Service Administration or the Certificate in Fire Service Administration with an area of specialization.
After completing the prerequisites, the certificate consists of three (3) courses over 108 hours. You can select three courses from the options below:
- OLCD-FIRE0010 Disaster Management and the Fire Department
- OLCD-FIRE0011 Emergency Medical Service Management and the Fire Department
- OLCD-FIRE0013 Fire Department Human Resource Management II
- OLCD-FIRE0014 Fire Prevention Management
- OLCD-FIRE0018 Fire Suppression Management
- OLCD-LGOV0014 Local Government (formerly OLCD-FIRE0020 Municipal Government and Service Delivery)
- OLCD-FIRE0028 Theoretical Foundations of Incident Command: Acting
- OLCD-FIRE0029 Theoretical Foundations of Incident Command: Thinking
- OLCD-PALS0010 Coaching Skills for Leaders
- OLCD-PALS0012 Leadership Dynamics
- OLCD-PALS0030 Interpersonal and Intercultural Communication
- OLCD-PALS0031 Organizational Behaviour
- OLCD-PALS0032 Negotiation and Conflict Resolution
The courses can be completed in any order. Courses can count toward one certificate only.
Fees and Schedule
See each course for the applicable tuition fee. Courses start in September, January and April. Each course is offered at least once a year. All courses are 12 weeks long and require a minimum of 36 hours of learning engagement each.
Note: CFSA courses may use one or more of the books that were required for the CFSL program. Some of the CFSA textbooks are also used for more than one CFSA course. Be sure to keep all of your books in a safe place until you have completely finished your studies with us. It is your responsibility to ensure you have the correct books and edition(s) by reviewing the textbook list on the website prior to the start of each course.
For assistance or more information, please contact email@example.com.
Do you have prior learning or experience relevant to this certificate?
It may be possible to receive advanced standing in this certificate based on your prior learning from work or life experience. We provide two types of recognition of prior learning:
- Prior Certified Learning: Assessment of prior coursework or training through a provider, that is neither a university or college, for the purpose of advanced standing. Examples of certified learning may include military courses, accredited certificates, workplace training programs, etc.
- Prior Experiential Learning: Assessment of previous work and life learning that may be equivalent to learning outcomes of university courses / programs, for the purpose of advanced standing. Relevant prior learning may come from work or volunteer experience, participation on committees or boards, independent study, etc.
To discuss how to use your prior learning to apply for advanced standing, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.