This certificate program is 100% online. It consists of three modules covering an introductory course in engineering drawing and perspective geometry, description of AutoCAD 2017 screen and commands, and producing and printing professional engineering drawings.
What You Will Learn
• How to use different measurement unit systems
• Become familiar with the AutoCAD screen
• How to prepare an engineering drawing sheet
• Knowledge about different types of AutoCAD commands
• All about layers and material types menu
• About preparing to plot a professional drawing
Who Should Attend
This course targets professionals who would like to enter the drafting world using AutoCAD.
This online certificate consists of three modules. Live online sessions are every Wednesday, 7:00 - 8:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time (EST).
- Module I: Getting Started with AutoCAD 2017, AutoCAD Fundamentals, Basic Object Construction and Dynamic Input (8 weeks)
- Module II: Orthographic & Multi-View Drawings, Basic Dimensions & Notes, and Section Views (7 weeks)
- Module III: Blocks, Attributes & Xrefs, Templates and Plotting, and Introduction to Architectural Drawing (7 weeks)
The fee for each module is $1195.00
Register and pay $3295 for the entire Certificate in advance and save $290! Please contact Chris Abraham at 902-494-8042 or 1-800-565-8867 for more information.
It is highly recommended that participants complete the three modules in sequential order. The certificate is awarded after the completion of all three modules, including all quizzes and final exams. This represents approximately 150 hours of training which includes online sessions, home study, assignments and exam preparation. The participants must attain a minimum of 65% for each module and an aggregate average of at least 75% in the program.
AutoCAD 2017 for Beginners by CADFolks, available at amazon.ca, ISBN: 9781533128003.
Eman H. Al-Ali, PMP, LEED AP BD&C, EIT, a registered engineer in training with over 25 years of experience in the field of civil engineering. She is passionate about learning and help others’ learning as engineering science evolves. Being one of the top 10 graduate students in civil engineering, she was offered a position at a University as a Laboratory Engineer to teach and train different civil engineering lab materials. This position helped her gain the necessary training to establish the first personal computer laboratory at the same school. She also held a position of structural engineer on site which helped her gain the experience in quality control and quality assurance that led her get involved in the project management field. She, as a design manager, completed many successful projects and was certified as Project Management Professional (PMP). She also got her LEED AP in building design and construction (LEED AP BD&C) to manage green building projects.