The Certificate in AutoCAD consists of three courses that cover various commands and techniques through step-by-step examples. Participants will learn to utilize AutoCAD, the industry-leading software in the world of Computer-Aided Design (CAD). In doing so, participants will learn how to effectively use drawing and editing tools within the software to aid them in the workplace.
What Will You Learn?
- AutoCAD fundamentals and basic object construction
- How to use editing tools, object properties, and organization
- Dimensioning and plotting
- How to create architectural drawings
Who Should Take This Certificate?
- Engineers, engineering technicians, and engineering students of all disciplines
- Architects, draftspersons, and graphic designers
- Carpenters, furniture designers, electricians, mechanics, and steel detailers
- Estimators and quantity surveyors
How Will You Benefit?
The Certificate in AutoCAD can help you:
- enter the world of computer-aided design.
- learn AutoCAD through step-by-step examples and learn various commands and techniques.
- refresh your knowledge about the basics of engineering drawing.
- understand what AutoCAD can offer you if you are new to the field.
- discover new enhancements to the AutoCAD software.
Fees & Schedule
The fee for each course is $1195. Please note that textbooks are not included.
This certificate consists of three courses and can only be taken online at your own pace (Online Self-Paced). Students start on a date of their choosing and have 6 months to complete each course. There are no live sessions with the instructor; however, students will have access to pre-recorded ones. The instructor will also be available for consultation via email.
- Course I: Getting Started with AutoCAD, AutoCAD Fundamentals, Basic Object Construction, and Dynamic Input
- Course II: Orthographic & Multi-View Drawings, Basic Dimensions & Notes, and Section Views
- Course III: Blocks, Attributes & Xrefs, Templates and Plotting, and Introduction to Architectural Drawing
Note: Your registration is not guaranteed until your seat is confirmed and you have been contacted by our Registration Office. As well, fees are based on the current academic year and are subject to change. No deferral of the non-refundable deposit or program fees is allowed. Text and materials related to courses may constitute an additional cost.
It is highly recommended that participants complete the three courses in sequential order. The certificate is awarded after the completion of all three courses, including all quizzes, assignments, and exams. This represents approximately 154 hours of training including online sessions, home study, assignments, and exam preparation. The participants must attain a minimum of 65% for each module and an aggregate average of at least 75% in the program.
For assistance or more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Do you have prior learning or experience relevant to this certificate?
It may be possible to receive advanced standing in this certificate based on your prior learning from work or life experience. We provide two types of recognition of prior learning:
Prior Certified Learning: Assessment of prior coursework or training through a professional training provider, for the purpose of advanced standing. Examples of certified learning may include university or college coursework, military training, accredited certificates, workplace training programs, etc.
Prior Experiential Learning: Assessment of previous work and life learning that may be equivalent to learning outcomes of university courses/programs, for the purpose of advanced standing. Relevant prior learning may come from work or volunteer experience, participation on committees or boards, independent study, etc.
To discuss how to use your prior learning to apply for advanced standing, please contact email@example.com.