The Certificate in Construction Management consists of three courses covering an introduction to the management of construction projects. It includes types of construction contracts, project planning, and scheduling, controlling of time, cost, and quality, quality assurance and quality control of projects, communication management, risk management, resource allocations, procurement management, project closing, and Health and Safety Act and labour relations.
What Will You Learn?
- Introduction to professional construction management in practice
- Types of construction projects, types of organizations, and types of contractual relationships
- Phases of a construction project, planning, design, bidding and procurement, estimating project costs, quality assurance, and control
- Risk management, insurance, and dispute resolution
- Health & safety and labour relations
Who Should Take This Certificate?
- Construction managers
- Project managers and architects
- Owners of construction companies and their staff
- Engineers, engineering technicians, and students of all disciplines
How Will You Benefit?
This Certificate in Construction Management can help you:
- understand the theory of construction management.
- manage in the engineering and construction industry.
- grasp concepts of project planning and control and planning and control of operations and resources.
- estimate project and engineering costs.
- understand procurement, value engineering, and quality assurance.
- comprehend safety protocols and health in construction.
- understand industrial relations, claims, liability, and dispute resolution.
Fees & Schedule
The fee for each course is $1195. Please note that textbooks are not included.
This online certificate consists of three courses. Live online sessions are every Thursday, 8:00 - 9:00 p.m. Atlantic Standard Time (AST).
- Course I: Construction Industry & Practice / Professional Construction Management in Practice
- Course II: Methods in Project Management
- Course III: Project Closing and Integration and the Importance of Lessons Learned
The certificate can also be taken online at your own pace (Online Self-Paced). Students start on a date of their choosing and have 6 months to complete each course. There are no live sessions with the instructor; however, students will have access to pre-recorded sessions. The instructor will also be available for consultation via email.
Note: Your registration is not guaranteed until your seat is confirmed and you have been contacted by our Registration Office. As well, fees are based on the current academic year and are subject to change. No deferral of the non-refundable deposit or program fees is allowed. Text and materials related to courses may constitute an additional cost.
It is highly recommended that participants complete the three courses in sequential order. The certificate is awarded after the completion of all three courses, including all quizzes, assignments, and exams. This represents approximately 168 hours of training including online sessions, home study, assignments, and exam preparation. The participants must attain a minimum of 65% for each module and an aggregate average of at least 75% in the program.