In today’s fast-paced business environment, technology has enabled dramatic business transformations and even the emergence of new industries. Behind most of these transformations lies data. Business Data Analytics is a skillset in which specific competencies and practices are exercised to gather, analyze and make evidence-based recommendations gleaned from data.
In this introductory course, participants will learn the basic competencies of business data analytics as defined by the International Institute of Business Analysis (IIBA®). It will prepare participants to start their career journey into this emerging area. After this course, participants with related work experience may want to consider writing the Certification in Business Data Analytics (CBDA) exam.
- Day 1: What is business data analytics? / Organizational vs. practitioner views / Identifying research questions
- Day 2: Sourcing data / Analyzing data / Interpreting and reporting results
- Day 3: Using results to influence business decision making / Guiding company-level strategy for Business Analytics
What You Will Learn
- Describe the role of the business data analyst
- Identify how data can be used to answer questions and/or solve problems
- Develop a data sourcing strategy for a specific business problem
- Use basic data analysis techniques to gain new insights or confirm hypotheses
- Develop evidence-based recommendations for presentations to stakeholders
NotesBy enrolling in this course, you will be automatically enrolled in the Certificate in Business Analysis.
- People who want to pursue a career in business analysis
- Technical team members and project managers
- Business analysts who want to enhance their business analysis skills
- Managers and other stakeholders who work with business analysts or those who perform data analytics
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Certificate in Business Analysis : Required
- Post-Graduate Diploma in Professional and Leadership Studies : Elective Program - Business Analysis