This course covers the basics of heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC) commonly used terminology and jargon, and the need for heating and cooling. It then looks at thermodynamics and the refrigeration cycle. The course concludes with lessons on heating and cooling basics, the different types of HVAC systems, and temperature and pressure.
Each week has a one-hour online live session with the instructor. There is a total of six hours of live sessions in this course. Students who are absent for a live session will have access to a recording.
- Week 1: Orientation
- Week 2: HVAC Terminology and Jargon
- Week 3: The Need for Heating and Cooling
- Week 4: Thermodynamics and The Refrigeration Cycle
- Week 5: Heating and Cooling Basics / Types of HVAC Systems
- Week 6: Temperature and Pressure
What You Will Learn
- Commonly used terms associated with HVAC
- The basics of thermodynamics and the refrigeration cycle
- The basics of heating and cooling
- Different types of HVAC systems
- Temperature and pressure
NotesBy enrolling in this course, you will be automatically enrolled in the Certificate in Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning (HVAC).
The Faculty of OLCD recommends an intermediate level of English language proficiency for the most effective learning and participation in our online and face-to-face courses. A list of the minimum recommended scores on some common English tests can be found on our website. If you have questions about your English language proficiency and ability to succeed in this course, please contact email@example.com.
- Estimation Technicians
- Commissioning Engineers
- Building Comfort Analysts
- Quality Assurance / Quality Control Personnel