This is an 8-hour online course designed to help educators move teaching content online or develop new online courses. Completed at your own pace, this course covers key topics such as learning outcomes, layout, universal design for learning (UDL), online presence and assessments.
- Unit 1: Learning Outcomes
- Unit 2: Assessments
- Unit 3: UDL and Layout
- Unit 4: Online Presence and Engagement
What You Will Learn
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Define learning outcomes
- Describe the connection between outcomes, needs assessments, activities, and assessments in course design
- Design learning outcomes for a given scenario
- Articulate the differences between formative and summative assessments
- Identify how assessments align with outcomes
- Design assessments for a given scenario
- Describe the principles of Universal Design for Learning (UDL)
- Reflect on the ways you could incorporate the UDL principles into your own online course
- Design learning activities that reflect UDL and could be implemented in your teaching practice
- Explain the connection between engagement and retention in online learning
- Describe the three components of online presence
- Identify strategies that can foster engagement in online learning
For assistance or more information, please contact email@example.com.
- those interested in working in the field of adult education (training, facilitation, coaching, mentoring, etc.)
"As someone who was completely new to online teaching, the Online Design and Delivery course offered a perfect starting point for me to learn about the topics and key elements involved in the process. This course was very intuitive and provided me with the support and the tools necessary to feel more confident and comfortable in starting to design and then deliver online courses."
Anna Maier, English in Canada Program Coordinator, Dalhousie University College of Continuing Education
"There was a lot of good topics in this course, however, I think the part that helped me the most was the first unit on "Learning Outcomes" - the videos were very informative and I felt the flow and layout was really done well. As a fairly new training specialist, I felt this course gave a me a good foundation to start my journey of building and designing training programs. I would absolutely recommend this course for anyone who wants to get more insight on delivering and design training."
Bonnie Hum Forbes, Medavie - Bluecross