This is the first course in the Certificate in Blockchain, Bitcoin, and Cryptocurrency. It provides a foundation for understanding the emerging technology of blockchain. It is designed to provide you with a foundational background and understanding of the emerging technology called blockchain and cryptocurrencies, and further to spark interest in the biggest technology since the internet.
- Week 1: Content in Brightspace and optional live session
- Week 2: Content in Brightspace
- Week 3: Content in Brightspace and optional live session
- Week 4: Content in Brightspace
What You Will Learn
- Distinguish the types of blockchain networks including for what environment they are best suited.
- Explain the strengths and weaknesses of public, private, consortium, and permissioned networks in the blockchain ecosystem.
- Describe the difference between public, private, consortium, and permissioned blockchain networks.
- Provide examples of the type of network that would suit different types of businesses and the reasons for using that specific network.
- OPTIONAL live sessions on weeks 1 and 3 (also recorded)
NotesBy enrolling in this course, you will be automatically enrolled in the Certificate in Blockchain, Bitcoin and Cryptocurrency.
- Anyone interested in learning about blockchain technology and cryptocurrencies.
- Those interested in adding to their professional profiles and resumes two technologies which are growing in importance and driving many new market and employment opportunities.
- Anyone working in the financial, healthcare, retail, food and beverage, pharmaceutical, legal, gaming or cybersecurity industries where knowledge and skill in these two technology areas is transferable knowledge.
- It is recommended that participants have completed secondary school or equivalent, be proficient (to university level) in English.
- Between two to five years working experience is preferred but not required.
"I'm a computer technician by trade in Toronto. I've completed two diplomas with honours in very different fields. I've had many teachers in my academic history. I can sincerely and thankfully say George is one of the best teachers I've had. George has many key qualities desirable in a teacher, notably his giddy enthusiasm for the material he teaches, and his commitment to his students.
His fiery energy, his keen attention to teaching fundamental concepts and his openness to helping students with different learning styles make him a very memorable instructor. I highly recommend George's Certification course in Blockchain, Bitcoin and Cryptocurrency offered by Dalhousie University."
Computer Systems Technician
North York, ON.