This course provides learners with an introduction to the specific information related to blockchain platforms including Hyper Ledger, Bitcoin and Ethereum. The latter half of the module is designed to provide you with a foundational background and understanding of cryptocurrencies and the digital economy.
- Week 1: Content in Brightspace
- Week 2: Content in Brightspace
- Week 3: Content in Brightspace
- Week 4: Content in Brightspace
What You Will Learn
- Describe five Hyperledger frameworks.
- Discuss how Hyperledger leverages open standards and open governance to support business solutions.
- Explain the differences between Hyperledger and permission-less blockchain technologies.
- Explain how tokens represent real assets and how they are utilized.
- Describe the value of Bitcoin as it relates to a digital economy.
- Explain the characteristics of smart contracts and how smart contracts can bring value to business and society.
NotesBy enrolling in this course, you will be automatically enrolled in the Certificate in Blockchain, Bitcoin and Cryptocurrency.
- Anyone interested in learning about blockchain technology and cryptocurrencies.
- Those interested in adding to their professional profiles and resumes two technologies which are growing in importance and driving many new market and employment opportunities.
- Anyone working in the financial, healthcare, retail, food and beverage, pharmaceutical, legal, gaming or cybersecurity industries where knowledge and skill in these two technology areas is transferable knowledge.
- It is recommended that participants have completed secondary school or equivalent, be proficient (to university level) in English. Between two to five years working experience is preferred but not required.