This course has been created to support independent study of the pesticide manuals provided by Nova Scotia Environment, for those who are in need of valid Nova Scotia pesticide applicator certification. Please note that this course is intended to support those seeking agriculture or landscape class certification.
This is a fully online course that you may complete at your own speed.
The course covers the following topics:
- An introduction to the use of pesticides and the certification process in Nova Scotia
- Sprayer calibration and agrochemical calculations
- Types of pests, including weeds, insects and diseases, and the pesticides that control them
- Pesticide safety and human health
- The environmental fates of pesticides
- Integrated pest management (IPM)