Whether a practitioner is working specifically in an Indigenous community or in a more diverse community that includes individuals with Indigenous heritage, this course broadens the awareness and understanding of practitioners so that they may best serve their client base. Topics include: histories and lived experience, contemporary perspectives, supporting digital brands and searches, and more.
- Module 1: Histories and Contexts
- Module 2: Connection to Work
- Module 3: Tradition vs. Western Ideologies of Employment
- Module 4: The Digital World
- Module 5: Job Searching, Applying, and Interviewing
- Module 6: Support
What You Will Learn
- How to compare contemporary ideologies with traditional ways of knowing
- Historical experiences that have led to current challenges for Indigenous Peoples
- Best practices to supporting both individual clients and Indigenous communities in hiring and retention, application processes
By enrolling in this course, you will be automatically enrolled in the Certificate of Professional and Leadership Studies in Career Development.
For assistance or more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Career Practitioners who have experience working with individual clients and want to expand their practice.