This course supports learners as they gain insights into their own contributions to their team’s effectiveness. Participants will foster a deeper understanding of the ways they can optimize diverse teams contributions to organizational success. Team relationships are at the center of organizational success. Research evidence demonstrates that diverse teams lead to increased performance and higher profitability. To build a culture that fosters diversity, organizations must do the work to maximize on the benefits of the diversity on their teams. While organizations can reap the benefits that diverse teams bring to the workplace, they must also be prepared to respond to diverse team related challenges. This course will examine some of the challenges that diverse teams face and introduce strategies to optimize diverse team capabilities. Participants will not only gain insights into their own contributions to their team's effectiveness, they will also gain a deeper understanding of ways to leverage on the benefits that diverse teams contribute to organizational success. Following completion of this course, participants will be better positioned to optimize their team performance as well as optimize diverse teams. Participants will engage in group work, simulations, discussions and reflective practice activities that will provoke thought and generate new ideas that will enhance inclusive communication practices.
- Module 1: Understanding Key Components of High Performing Teams
- Module 2: Organizational Culture: Setting the tone for Optimizing Diverse Teams
- Module 3: Buiding Strategies to Optimize Diverse Teams
What You Will Learn
- How your communication style can influence team relationships
- A clearer sense of how you view your team, how they view you, and how they perform
- How to examine key elements for fostering diverse teams
- The principles of building high performing diverse teams
- How to resolve team conflicts
- Strategies for optimizing diverse team performance
By enrolling in this course, you will be automatically enrolled in the Certificate in Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion. This certificate consists of four courses. You are not required to take the courses in order, but it is recommended that you take OLCD-IDEA0004 after completing the first three courses in the certificate (OLCD-IDEA0001, 0002, 0003).
For assistance or more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Anyone interested in learning how to advance the agenda on diversity and inclusion within their respective organization
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Advanced Certificate in Adult Learning and Teaching : Elective
- Certificate in Building Positive Workplace Cultures : Electives
- Certificate in Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion : Required courses