The first course in the Certificate in Data Management for Professionals focuses on the fundamentals of data management, the types of information systems, and challenges of maintaining data quality. The course then examines data management practices and concludes with a lab on analyzing a dataset.
- Week 1: Orientation
- Week 2: What is data management? A discussion on Watson’s term “information satisficing”
- Week 3: The multiple dimensions of data quality, types of information systems and the challenges of maintaining data quality in diverse systems
- Week 4: Examining enterprise data management practices through the data life cycle and the analytics life cycle
What You Will Learn
- The foundations of data management
- The multiple dimensions of data quality and what they mean
- Different types of information systems
- Enterprise data management principles
NotesBy enrolling in this course, you will be automatically enrolled in the Certificate in Data Management for Professionals.
The Faculty of OLCD recommends an intermediate level of English language proficiency for the most effective learning and participation in our online and face-to-face courses. A list of the minimum recommended scores on some common English tests can be found on our website. If you have questions about your English language proficiency and ability to succeed in this course, please contact email@example.com.
- Professionals from accounting, sales and engineering who are involved in evaluating, implementing and/or using information management systems
- Industry workers from healthcare, manufacturing and finance who assess, apply, and/or employ information management systems
- Those with one to two years’ experience working with any enterprise information system (such as an ERP or data warehouse)