This course covers important components of electrical systems within a residential structure such as wiring systems, service panels, grounding systems, devices, and fixtures.
Each week has required readings from the textbook. There are a total of five assignments and two examinations in this course.
Weeks 1-3: Service Drop and Service Entrance
Weeks 4-6: The Service Box, Rounding, and Panels
Week 7: Mid-term Examination
Weeks 8-11: The Distribution System
Week 12: Final Examination
What You Will Learn
Upon successful completion of this course, you will be able to:
- inspect the various technical elements and identify their type, material, condition, and safety concerns.
- understand the terminology related to electrical systems.
- identify the common problems with each electrical component named as well as the causes and implications of each issue.
- document and report on each inspection procedure related to each component.
By enrolling in this course, you will be automatically enrolled in the Certificate in Home Inspection.
- Established home inspectors with a need to stay current in their chosen industry
- Those interested in entering an exciting and growing profession
- Those who desire a better understanding of how important components of electrical systems within a residential structure work
- Property risk managers who want to be more informed to perform their role
- Home renovators wanting to hone their skills and expand their competencies
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Certificate in Home Inspection : Required courses