This course will prepare you to inspect the interior water supply and distribution systems of a residential dwelling. It will include discussions on faucets and fixtures as well as water heating equipment and drain/vent/waste systems.
Each week has required readings from the textbook. There are a total of five assignments and two examinations in this course.
Weeks 1 - 3: Supply Plumbing
Weeks 4 - 5: Water Heaters
Week 6: Mid-term Examination
Weeks 6 - 8: Drain, Waste, and Vent Plumbing
Week 9-11: Fixtures and Faucets
Week 12: Final Examination
What You Will Learn
Upon successful completion of this course, you will be able to:
- inspect the following to identify the type, material, condition, safety concerns, and other issues: water supply distribution systems, fixtures, and faucets, drain, waste, and vent systems, water heating systems and their fuel storage and distribution systems, sump pumps, sewage ejection pumps, and related piping.
- identify the common problems that apply to each plumbing component named, as well as the causes and implications of each problem.
- describe the inspection procedures involved with each component.
- define and use proper terminology related to plumbing.
By enrolling in this course, you will be automatically enrolled in the Certificate in Home Inspection.
- Established home inspectors with a need to stay current in their chosen industry.
- Those wanting to enter an exciting and growing profession.
- Those wanting a better understanding of how important components of plumbing systems within a residential structure work.
- Property risk managers who want to be more informed to perform their role.
- Home renovators wanting to hone their skills and expand their competencies.
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Certificate in Home Inspection : Required courses