This course covers various installed heating systems including gas and oil furnaces and hot water boilers. The focus is on the inspector's ability to recognize the energy source, condition, and safety concerns as well as inspecting the actual heating equipment.
Each week has required readings from the textbook. There are a total of five assignments and two examinations in this course.
Weeks 1 - 4: Furnaces: Gas and Oil - Part 1
Weeks 5 - 7: Furnaces: Gas and Oil - Part 2
Week 8: Mid-term Examination
Weeks 9 - 11: Hot Water Boilers
Week 12: Final Examination
What You Will Learn
Upon successful completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Inspect the various heating systems (gas-fired, forced air, oil-fired forced air and hot water heating systems)
- Define and use proper terminology related to the heating systems named above
- Identify the common problems with each heating system as well as the causes and implications of each system
- Document and report on each inspection procedures with each system
By enrolling in this course, you will be automatically enrolled in the Certificate in Home Inspection.
- Established home inspectors with a need to stay current in their chosen industry.
- Those wanting to enter an exciting and growing profession.
- Those wanting a better understanding of how important components of heating systems within a residential structure work.
- Property risk managers who want to be more informed to perform their role.
- Home renovators wanting to hone their skills and expand their competencies.
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Certificate in Home Inspection : Required courses