This course covers how to inspect and identify the type, material, condition, safety concerns of cooling systems, cooling distribution systems, and residential heat pumps.
Each week has required readings from the textbook. There are a total of five assignments and two examinations in this course.
Weeks 1-7: Air Conditioning
Week 8: Mid-term Examination
Weeks 9-11: Heat Pumps
Week 12: Final Examination
What You Will Learn
Upon successful completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Inspect the following to identify type, material, condition, safety concerns and other issues: cooling systems, cooling distribution systems, and residential heat pumps
- Identify the common problems that apply to each cooling/heat pump system component named, as well as the causes and implications of each problem
- Describe the inspection procedures involved with each component
- Define and use proper terminology related to cooling systems and heat pumps
By enrolling in this course, you will be automatically enrolled in the Certificate in Home Inspection.
- Established home inspectors with a need to stay current in their chosen industry.
- Those wanting to enter an exciting and growing profession.
- Those wanting a better understanding of how insulation and interior components within a residential structure work.
- Property risk managers who want to be more informed to perform their role.
- Home renovators wanting to hone their skills and expand their competencies.
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Certificate in Home Inspection : Required courses