This course focuses on the roofing components of a residential dwelling including roof coverings, roof drainage systems, flashings, and roof penetrations. You will learn to identify the common problems that apply to each roofing component as well as the causes and implications of each problem.
Each week has required readings from the textbook. There are a total of five assignments and two examinations in this course.
Weeks 1 - 5:
Steep Roofing Continued
Weeks 7 - 9:
Steep Roof Flashings
Weeks 10 - 11:
What You Will Learn
Upon successful completion of this course, you will be able to:
- inspect the types, materials, conditions, safety concerns, and other issues regarding roof coverings, roof drainage systems, flashings, and roof penetrations.
- identify the common problems that apply to each roofing component named, as well as the causes and implications of each problem.
- describe the inspection procedures involved with each component.
- define and use proper terminology related to roofing.
By enrolling in this course, you will be automatically enrolled in the Certificate in Home Inspection.
- Established home inspectors with a need to stay current in their chosen industry.
- Those wanting to enter an exciting and growing profession.
- Those wanting a better understanding of how roofing components within a residential structure work.
- Property risk managers who want to be more informed to perform their role.
- Home renovators wanting to hone their skills and expand their competencies.
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Certificate in Home Inspection : Required courses