Project managers with proven skills and experience can find exciting, high-visibility opportunities in a wide range of fields. This course is specifically designed to provide participants with a proven, practical approach to preparing for the Project Management Professional (PMP)® Certification Exam from the Project Management Institute (PMI). The course is delivered by trainers who have had extensive experience in professional project management and a long history of successfully preparing people for the PMP® exam.
Procept Associates has prepared candidates for the PMP® exam longer than any other provider in Canada. Procept has been selected as a PMI Authorized Training Partner (ATP) and now uses PMI-provided course materials when preparing students to pass this important exam.
All instructors of this course will be accredited by PMI. PMI accreditation means that the instructors have completed specialized PMI training from PMI to prepare them to deliver the PMI-provided course materials and that they have passed a PMI exam on their knowledge of the PMP® exam, the PMI course, and their knowledge of alternate project management practices like agile and hybrid approaches.
This course is delivered virtually with a live instructor and is guaranteed to run. The course outline includes these topics:
- Creating a high-performing team
- Starting the project
- Doing the work
- Keeping the team on track
- Keeping the business in mind
What You Will Learn
In this course, you will learn to:
- Identify the “correct” answer to a majority of multiple-choice questions similar to the PMP® and CAPM® exams and identify which areas require home study
- Remember formulas and concepts through application to real-life scenarios instead of memorization
- Utilize “tips and tricks” to write the PMP® exam with more confidence
- Be aware of the PMP® and CAPM® qualification process
- Describe generally accepted project management practices
- Participants can be from a variety of industries, the public sector, private sector, or not-for-profit organizations
- This course is an intense review of exam material to help prepare people to write the exam; it is not intended to teach people basic project management concepts
- The course is appropriate for individuals who have had previous PM training and are already familiar with project management processes
- Significant experience is highly recommended in order to maximize candidates’ chances to pass the exam
- Participants should go to https://www.pmi.org/certifications/project-management-pmp to see if their experience qualifies them to challenge the PMP® exam