This fundamental course is an accessible, hands-on journey through a project from initiation to closing, with a special emphasis on initiation and planning. It is also the first course required in the Certificate in Project Management. Participants work in project teams to practice PM tools while they experience the realistic challenges that are encountered on projects. Real-life stories from a variety of industries are used to illustrate key concepts and best practices, and the instructor encourages course participants to share their experiences. This ensures the discussions are realistic and relevant. The course is fun, fast-paced, interactive, and adapted as required based on the needs of each audience.
At the end of the course, there will be a short quiz covering some of the key concepts learned. A passing grade of 60% is required to successfully complete this course.
- Day 1: Introduction and PM Context
- Day 2: Initiating the Project
- Day 3: Initiating the Project (cont’d)
- Day 4: Planning the Project
- Day 5: Planning the Project (cont.)
- Day 6: Project Closure
What You Will Learn
- Terminology and processes of modern project management
- How to plan and manage a project with special emphasis on initiating and planning
- Practical skills that can be applied immediately to increase the level of success on projects
- Important PM skills that are necessary in today’s environment
NotesBy enrolling in this course, you will be automatically enrolled in the Certificate in Project Management.
- Participants on a project team of any size, especially those who have not yet been exposed to the tools, techniques, and terminology of formal project management
- People who are responsible for managing smaller to medium-size projects
- Those who work in any industry who have an interest in learning about project management
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Certificate in Change Management : Required
- Post-Graduate Diploma in Professional and Leadership Studies : Elective Program - Project Management
- Certificate in Project Management : Required
- Public Safety Communicator Leadership Certificate : Electives