Worries about making “grammar mistakes” can slow down your writing process and cramp your personal writing style. This course will enable you to gain control over grammar and punctuation so you can be confident that you’re expressing yourself correctly and clearly.
How the Course Works
- Before the course, you’ll submit a 250-word writing sample for assessment.
- Each week during the course, you’ll complete a variety of interactive online learning activities and writing exercises. You’ll also join in conversations with other participants via discussion forums.
- Twice during the course, you’ll connect with other participants and the course coach during a live virtual coaching session.
- Following the course, you’ll submit another 250-word writing sample for assessment.
What You Will Learn
By the end of the course, you should be able to:
- Describe the structural elements of a sentence and how they work together to create meaning
- Recognize and correct common “glitches” in sentences (issues involving grammar, punctuation, mechanics, and usage)
- Develop a process for effectively editing your own writing
NotesFor more Technical Writing courses, click here.
" ... great toolkit provided for future reference, examples and lessons very useful to put in practice what we learned, Becca [is] very personable and easy to understand and keeps the course flowing.”
"I liked that the course content was online and accessible at my discretion. It allowed me to do the course work at work when it fit into my schedule."
Fisheries and Oceans
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Technical Writing Certificate Program (100% Online) : Elective courses (3)