This course will help learners in public and private sector organizations learn the fundamentals of risk assessment and risk management. Students will explore various types of potential risk including financial, technological, operational, and reputational. The course will also look at risk remedies, risk mitigation, and risk auditing.
- Module 1: Course Introduction
- Modules 2 - 4: What are Risk Assessment and Risk Management?
- Module 5: Technology
- Module 6: Risk Management and Risk Assessment for Finance
- Module 7: Risk Management and Risk Assessment for Operations
- Module 8: People in Your Organization and Reputational Risk
- Module 9: Black Swan Risks
- Module 10: Mitigation
- Module 11: Risk Remedies
- Module 12: Auditing for Risks
What You Will Learn
Upon successful completion of this course, you will...
- understand the basics of risk management and risk assessment.
- recognize potential risks for organizations.
- be familiar with policies and best practices that can reduce organizational risk.
- know strategies for risk mitigation.
- understand the process of risk auditing.
The Faculty of OLCD recommends an intermediate level of English language proficiency for the most effective learning and participation in our online and face-to-face courses. A list of minimum recommended scores on some common English tests can be found on our website. If you have questions about your English language proficiency and ability to succeed in this course, please contact email@example.com.
PrerequisitesThere are no prerequisites for this course.
This course is recommended for professionals that may be involved with risk assessment and risk management planning in their organizations. This can fall under both public service and private sectors. Fields this applies to include, but are not limited to, those in project management, business development, law enforcement, education, human resources, and operational management.
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Certificate in Finance and Risk Management : Required
- Certificate in Finance and Risk Management for Local Government : Required
- Post-Graduate Certificate in Leadership Excellence : Required
- Post-Graduate Diploma in Professional and Leadership Studies : Required - Leadership Excellence