Continuous monitoring and evaluation of the learning process supports making good decisions about program design. The four levels of an evaluation strategy aim to answer these questions:
- Were learners satisfied with the training program?
- Were learners able to demonstrate in-session what they learned?
- Were learners able to retain and use what they learned in the real world?
- Did the training program meet its overall goals?
In this course, a variety of evaluation data, sources and methods are discussed and assessed. Participants will examine the criteria for creating effective evaluation tools and practice application through the development of an evaluation plan for a specific project.
- Module 1: Defining evaluation and Kirkpatrick's model of learning evaluation
- Module 2: Reaction and learning level data, methods, sources and considerations
- Module 3: Transfer and impact level data, methods, sources and evaluation strategy
What You Will Learn
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Define evaluation in the context of learning programs
- Identify where evaluation fits in the program planning model
- Demonstrate the link between learning outcomes and evaluation.
- Describe Kirkpatrick's model of evaluation
- Examine data collection, sources, methods and timing
- Review evaluation techniques for the four levels of evaluation
- Assess a variety of evaluation forms, tests and questions
- Discuss challenges in gathering training data
- Design a learning evaluation strategy using Kirkpatrick's model
For assistance or more information, please contact email@example.com.
- Those interested in working in the field of adult education (training, facilitation, coaching, mentoring, etc.)
- Those interested in design learning programs for adults.
"I would definitely recommend this course to others. As an instructor, it helped me understand the underpinnings of the purpose of evaluations, how to provide a better student-centred learning environment and finally how I can provide clear evaluation criteria and ensure a fair process of evaluation."
~ Barbara (Lynn) Crockatt, Lead Instructor, Paramedic Programs; Justice Institute of British Columbia
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Certificate in Adult Education : Required
- Post-Graduate Diploma in Professional and Leadership Studies : Elective Program - Adult Education and Training